By Family Features
Quality meals don’t have to drain hours from your day; satisfying taste is possible in just minutes when you have a few strategies that can help make meal prep easier and the results more enjoyable.
Eat better with veggies. If eating better is your goal, explore veggie-based recipes that are hearty and filled with nutrients and vitamins. This Brown and Wild Rice Bowl with Veggie Burger is perfect for a meatless Monday or any other day when you need a fast, filling and flavorful meal in short order. If you don’t have veggie burgers at home, or simply prefer a meat-based option, a cooked frozen beef patty is a good time-saving alternative.
Make simple swaps for variety. When you find a dish that’s easy and tasty, you may find yourself falling back on the same thing again and again. Prevent taste bud boredom by mixing up your ingredients. You can transform a rice-based recipe by changing up the veggies, cheese, dressing and other toppings. Try pickled jalapenos for spice. Add corn if you like things sweet. Swap a creamy dressing with a zesty vinaigrette for fewer calories and a whole new taste.
Shop for convenience. Takeout may let you skip prep time completely, but you can easily make versions of many favorite to-go meals at home in just a few minutes. Perfectly portioned Minute Ready to Serve microwavable rice cups help you put together a delicious lunch or dinner without measuring or overeating. Choosing products like portion-controlled rice and other ready-to-serve ingredients can help shave time off your prep work.
Tempt your taste buds with more convenient meal ideas at minuterice.com.
Brown & wild rice bowl with veggie burger
- 1 cup Minute Ready to Serve Brown and Wild Rice
- 1 precooked veggie burger patty
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Break veggie burger into large chunks and place in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 60-90 seconds, or until veggie burger is heated through.
- Toss together rice and veggie burger. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Drizzle with ranch dressing