CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Considering all of the great submissions that we had over this 2-month period, we decided it was only right to have TWO winners!
So, congratulations are in order … AND prize packs on their way! … to:
Barb Scott, from Presence St Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, Illinois
– “Provide incentive and support to the 10 co workers to prepare for and successfully complete the CNOR exam in 2014”
Jon Peterson, from WakeMed Hospital in Raleigh, North Carolina.
– “Continue to build on previous LEAN projects and continue to reduce theoverall turnover rates for Surgical Services. This impacts physician satisfaction, patient satisfaction, and case throughput. We’re working to keep all of the various cogs moving together on this, from scheduling, pre-admission testing, pre and post operative departments as well as operative teams.”
In addition to prize packs with ORToday t-shirts and other OR gifts, they will each be able to treat their departments to lunch on OR Today Magazine!
Our honorable mentions for great stories of personal and departmental 2014 goals go to:
– “I have resolved, yet again, to eat healthy on a consistent basis – and this yearI’m really going to do it!”
– “Not only am I committing to a healthier lifestyle, I am trying to live more in themoment. By that I mean to be totally focused on what I am doing at that moment and not letting my mind race on to things that I need/want to do later. If my colleague is asking for my opinion or a patient is telling me a story I want to focus on what they are saying/asking and not be thinking about the project that is on my desk or what I need to do when I get off of work. Same goes for at home – I want to focus on my home life while at home and not on what will be waiting for me the next day at work.”
– “My goal is to get fit and lose 50 pounds this year. I am going to excerise at least 3 times per week and completely change my eating habits.”
– ” Cost savings”