Warmer weather is often welcome for a variety of reasons and dining outdoors can help take that appreciation to the next level. Keeping ingredients lists short and prep time minimal also allows you to spend more time enjoying the sunshine and blue skies al fresco with the ones you love.
Even when you’re short on time, you can take mealtime from the dining room to the deck with an ingredient like Minute Rice Cups. Available in 13 varieties, including White and Brown rice, the convenient, single-serving, BPA-free cups are ready in just 90 seconds or less. Perfect for taking to the office for lunch or as an on-the-go snack, the cups can also be used as a quick and easy base for nearly any meal occasion.
For example, this simple Fish with Bok Choy features plenty of complex flavors with flaky white fish, crisp bok choy and 100% whole-grain brown rice. The brown rice provides the ideal texture for the ginger, sesame and nutty notes in this dish, and the whole recipe can be on the table in 10 minutes. Because white fish fillets are neutral and mild, they absorb all the flavors from the dish, and are an ideal protein for those with busy schedules due to their short cooking time.
To find more quick and easy recipes perfect for enjoying outdoors, visit MinuteRice.com.
Fish With Bok Choy
- 1 Minute Brown Rice Cup
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 white fish fillet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of fish, to taste.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Cook fish 2 minutes on each side. Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan, add sesame oil and ginger. Cook 1 minute.
- Add bok choy to pan and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add soy sauce; stir to incorporate. Top rice with fish and serve with bok choy.