DOWNLOAD WEBINAR WORKBOOK Certification: Eligible for 1 continuing education hour by the State
Certification: Eligible for 1 continuing education hour by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing
The 60-minute webinar will feature Angie O’Connor, RN and former Periop Nurse with experience in device sales and education, as she discusses using an evidence-based approach to combine best research evidence with best practice knowledge to develop patient-focused strategies to improve outcomes with unplanned hypothermia.
After completing this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss the evolving outpatient surgical population
- Describe the continuing prevalence of hypothermia
- Understand the role of the perioperative team in maintaining normothermia
- Review typical warming methods
- Define Evidence-Based Nursing (EBN)
- Develop an Evidence-Based Outcome Evaluation (EBOE) process
- Use EBOE process to simplify patient warming
OR Today would like to thank our sponsor, Encompass Group! Encompass Group is one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of reusable textiles, professional apparel, disposable and single-use medical products. Encompass Group believes that every patient, resident, caregiver and family member should feel safe and comfortable in today’s healthcare environments. Markets served include Acute Care, Long-Term Care/Senior Care, Retail Health Care Apparel, Hospitality and Government Operations. For more, visit www.encompassgroup.net.