Download Webinar Workbook PDF The 75 minute webinar will feature Angie O’Connor. Angie is an RN and former Periop
The 75 minute webinar will feature Angie O’Connor. Angie is an RN and former Periop Nurse and experience in Device Sales and Education.
In this presentation Angie will:
1. Compare safety and comfort features between reusable drapes, gowns, and mayo stand covers and disposable items
2. Identify specific requirements and performance standards for barrier protection in the OR
3. Differentiate the costs associated with the use of reusable drapes, gowns, and mayo stand covers versus disposable items
4. Outline the environmental impact of reusable drapes, gowns, and mayo stand covers and disposable items
5. Discuss considerations in the evaluation of reusable drapes, gowns, and mayo stand covers and disposables
The OR is the biggest user of medical supplies in the entire institution. AORN has been calling for the “greening” of the OR. The decision to use disposable or reusable gowns, drapes, and mayo covers can impact cost and provider comfort. There are environmental considerations with either application. This course provides an overview to the above issues and provides steps to consider in your institution when evaluating reusable gowns and drapes.
OR Today would like to thank our sponsor Encompass Group! Encompass Group is one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of reusable textiles, professional apparel, disposable and single medical products. Encompass Group believes that every patient, resident, caregiver and family member should feel safe and comfortable in today’s healthcare environments. Markets served include Acute Care, Long-Term Care/Senior Care, Retail Health Care Apparel, Hospitality and Government Operations. Visit www.encompassgroup.net for more information.