In a July 21, 2020 email, DNV GL is providing notice to DNV GL Healthcare Accredited Organizations of the release of NIAHO® (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations) Hospital Accreditation Requirements, Interpretive Guidelines and Surveyor Guidance, Revision 20-0.
NIAHO® Revision 20-0 for Acute Care Hospitals features the following CMS-approved changes:
- Adoption of the CMS Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction
- Revisions to Discharge Planning for Hospitals to Promote Innovation, Flexibility, and Improvement in Patient Care
- Changes required by CMS to ensure alignment with Critical Access Hospital and Psychiatric Hospital requirements where applicable
- Other changes for clarification, consistency and readability, and to remove obsolete references
Acknowledging the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving status of CMS waivers, DNV GL is extending the effective date of NIAHO Revision 20-0 for Hospitals to September 21, 2020.
Revision 20-0 supersedes Revision 18-2 and all prior Revisions.
Hospitals participating in the Medicare and Medicaid program are expected to comply with current Conditions of Participation. When new or revised requirements are published, hospitals are expected to demonstrate compliance in a time frame consistent with the effective date published by CMS in the Federal Register.
- Download: NIAHO® (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations) Hospital Accreditation Requirements, Interpretive Guidelines and Surveyor Guidance, Revision 20-0
- Download: NIAHO® Hospital Change History, Revision 20-0
- Download this Advisory Notice
Any questions/ comments can be forwarded to the DNV GL Client Drop Box: DNVclientdropbox@dnvgl.com.
The email is signed by Troy D. McCann, Director, DNV GL Healthcare Accreditation Services.