More than 5,000 perioperative nurses attended AORN’s annual Surgical Conference & Expo in Anaheim, California, April 2-6, making it the largest educational conference in the world for the specialty. Central to the nurses’ Expo experience is an exhibit floor of almost 500,000 square feet with 500 medical device and equipment manufacturers. On the floor, they can earn education credits and have plenty of time to talk to reps and vendors about their needs in the OR.
1. MD Publishing President and Founder John Krieg, Vice President Kristin Leavoy and Trade Show Coordinator Lisa Cover say “Aloha” from the exhibit hall floor at the AORN Surgical Conference & Expo 2016.
2. OR Today magazine celebrates a great AORN Surgical Conference and Expo with Maureen Maloney, AVP of Surgical Services, Giesinger Community Medical Center, and Donna Osmon, Clinical Nurse Educator, Lankenau Medical Center, Main Line.
3. The perioperative nurse attendees get very competitive during “Periop Challenge” when their knowledge of evidence-based practice is tested by the experts and authors of the Guidelines for Perioperative Practice.
4. Many of the education sessions are interactive to give the nurses a hands-on opportunity to experience the products as they question session leaders and exhibitors.
5. With quality and quantity time on the exhibit floor, nurses can find solutions specific to their role, practice area, and their facility. There are free presentations and CE credits, recruiters from top health systems and education institutions, simulation areas, and new product demonstrations. Games and props keep the energy going.