Surgical site infections are a leading hospital-acquired condition and cause for readmission. New evidence, focused on C-sections, was presented at this year’s AORN Global Surgical Conference. These two studies support a reduction in SSIs through utilization of Mepilex Border Post-Op antimicrobial dressings from Mölnlycke Health Care as part of the surgical protocol. Available as a standard or antimicrobial dressing, Mepilex Border Post-Op dressings were specifically designed for incisions, including: hip, knee, C-section and sternum. They have five-layer and safetac soft silicone technology, ultra-absorbent material, a unique flex-cut pad, transparent border with shower-proof seal and up to a seven-day wear time.
- OR Today Webinar Addresses Hair Removal in the OR
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital First in the U.S. to Perform Robotic Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
- Philips launches Azurion with FlexArm for the future of image-guided procedures
- IDTechEx Research: 3D printing is disrupting the way we provide personalized medicine
- Anesthesia Business Consultants Celebrate 40th Anniversary