Innovative Medical Products’ new Gel-Infused Memory Foam Base Pad for IMP’s MorphBoard modular peg board system significantly improves patient safety, especially involving bariatric patients. The IMP pads are infused with proprietary formulated gel beads that provide 30 percent greater load distribution than standard memory foam pads, as demonstrated by independent pressure mapping tests. The gel-infused pad’s greater load distribution improves the reduction of the possibility of pressure ulcers that could result from patients’ lying for a protracted period of time in the lateral position. The MorphBoard features a lightweight centerboard module that can be easily adjusted to accommodate bariatric patients for total hip surgery. The MorphBoard’s centerboard module, when rotated horizontally, “morphs” into a 30-inch wide section large enough to support most any size abdomen.
About The Author
For over 20 years, MD Publishing has set the standard for medical equipment industry news.
- New Online Tools Provide Best Practices in Surgical Care for Older Adults
- Tenet Hospitals in South Carolina Fully Operational Following Hurricane Florence
- AAAHC Offers Educational Resources on Emergency Drills
- First data-driven estimate of number of suicides in U.S. hospitals
- Suicide Prevention Awareness 2018