Innovative Medical Products’ new Gel-Infused Memory Foam Base Pad for IMP’s MorphBoard modular peg board system significantly improves patient safety, especially involving bariatric patients. The IMP pads are infused with proprietary formulated gel beads that provide 30 percent greater load distribution than standard memory foam pads, as demonstrated by independent pressure mapping tests. The gel-infused pad’s greater load distribution improves the reduction of the possibility of pressure ulcers that could result from patients’ lying for a protracted period of time in the lateral position. The MorphBoard features a lightweight centerboard module that can be easily adjusted to accommodate bariatric patients for total hip surgery. The MorphBoard’s centerboard module, when rotated horizontally, “morphs” into a 30-inch wide section large enough to support most any size abdomen.
About The Author
For over 20 years, MD Publishing has set the standard for medical equipment industry news.
March 1, 2018
October 1, 2012
March 1, 2015
- PrinterPrezz Opens First Bay Area 3D Print and Nanotech Innovation Center for Design, Development and Manufacturing of Advanced Medical Devices
- Joint Commission issues new alert on developing reporting culture to improve health care safety systems
- Webinar: Professional Development is Changing
- Digital Issue – December 2018
- The Times They are a Changin’ – with Apologies to Bob Dylan