Certification: Eligible for 1 continuing education hour by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing
The 60-minute webinar will feature Angie O’Connor, RN and former Periop Nurse with experience in device sales and education, as she discusses using an evidence-based approach to combine best research evidence with best practice knowledge to develop patient-focused strategies to improve outcomes with unplanned hypothermia.
After completing this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss the evolving outpatient surgical population
- Describe the continuing prevalence of hypothermia
- Understand the role of the perioperative team in maintaining normothermia
- Review typical warming methods
- Define Evidence-Based Nursing (EBN)
- Develop an Evidence-Based Outcome Evaluation (EBOE) process
- Use EBOE process to simplify patient warming
(Thursday) 2:00 pm
OR Today would like to thank our sponsor, Encompass Group! Encompass Group is one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of reusable textiles, professional apparel, disposable and single-use medical products. Encompass Group believes that every patient, resident, caregiver and family member should feel safe and comfortable in today’s healthcare environments. Markets served include Acute Care, Long-Term Care/Senior Care, Retail Health Care Apparel, Hospitality and Government Operations. For more, visit www.encompassgroup.net.