ClearCount’s latest RFID system provides closed-loop reconciliation of the sponge count. With SmartSponge Flex, equip- ment and RFID tags are validated before use in each case, and sponges are individually tracked from the initial check-in through the out count, where they are deposited into a dedicated basin. Each of ClearCount’s surgical sponges has a unique RFID chip secure- ly sewn in. A detection wand helps locate missing sponges by illuminating LED lights and sounding a tone when a sponge is detected. The wand means there is no need for a separate table mat for detection. The transportable system comes with a $2 million “never event warranty.” The system includes data storage that creates a record for each case.
- RSC Healthcare Awarded Healthcare Staffing Services Certification From The Joint Commission
- Report: Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market to hit $2.5 Billion
- Webinar Explores Policy Changes Under Trump
- Ethicon Announces 510(k) Clearances For Vistaseal Open And Laparoscopic Dual Applicator Devices
- Encompass Group Launches Airisana Therapeutic Support Surface at WOCNEXT 2019