Biovigil is an automated hand hygiene compliance and awareness system that promotes safety at every patient interaction by intervening at the point of care to provide situation-specific hand hygiene reminders. Healthcare workers wear small, personal badges with on-board chemical sensors, so the system works with existing dispensers and sanitizers. After the badge validates hand hygiene, a green light is displayed, providing reassurance to patients and their families. Hospitals that use the BIOVIGIL system regularly achieve hand hygiene compliance rates well over 95 percent, compared to a national average of 45 percent.
- Joint Commission issues new alert on developing reporting culture to improve health care safety systems
- Webinar: Professional Development is Changing
- Digital Issue – December 2018
- The Times They are a Changin’ – with Apologies to Bob Dylan
- ASCA/One World Surgery Partnership Supports Free Surgical Care in Honduras